Monday, November 29, 2010

Class Discussion

Discussing a little about Melisa's post (again)... As I was scanning through this (her post), I thought about the American dream- and then thought about Bonasera. What happened to him? A lot of characters seem to come and go- quite a few have died already.

Speaking of the American Dream, a website I read the other day had stated that there was this 'become successful' idea, however it became corrupt over the years, turning into 'move to America, get rich quick'. This relates a little to Bonasera's situation- He tried so hard to become 'American' yet life in America seems to not be as good as it's put out to be- his daughter is abused.

Also, does anyone else find themselves focusing more on the plot than analyzing camera angles and such? Whenever I watch movies, I just find myself focusing on the plot...

After discussing things such as lighting and camera angles during film class, however, I think that maybe I can gain more practice thinking outside of the plot. It's fun to find all these hidden "easter egg" archetypes, literary features, etc. which seem to enhance the movie once you know them.

No comments:

Post a Comment